Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 3: A picture of the cast of your favorite show


Clockwise from bottom left: Sarah Eggar, Casey Stern, Edward "Doc" Ray, and Liddy Freeman



Closer
was the first show I was involved in after a very very long break from the theatre. I was the (most awesome) stage manager (ever), and this is one of many photos of the cast. The cast, and everyone else involved, became extremely close and it was one of those theatre experiences you dream of having. The show was a success, got held over, and I can honestly say that because of my involvement, I met or got to know better about five very close friends.

The show also was prescient, in some ways, for one of the cast members, and later, for myself. The director said he often writes works or chooses projects that somehow end up relevant to his own life. He maybe should have been more careful, or maybe not. Life is art, Art is life, after all.

No comments: