Monday, January 24, 2011

7. A picture of most treasured item



I don't have a lot of attachment to "objects" in general,and mostly the things I have, though I like them, would be easily let go of. I do however, have a few "treasured items" which mostly have some sort of sentimental value or happy memory attached.

My Grandma Norma made me this pillow when I was little. I don't actually remember not having it, so she may have made it soon after I was born. We were really close, and I lost her in 2004. I have several of her things and it makes me feel good to think of her when I use them. This pillow in particular makes me smile, because it shows off her skills and creativity, some of which I like to think I inherited from her. Plus it's darned cute.

2 comments:

Jessa said...

Sooooo Sooooo Cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow she really was skilled! That is absolutely beautiful and darned cute! :) Love it love it love it!