Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 2. A picture of you and person you’ve been the closest with the longest



Yeah, it's my dad. I mean, we've been close since I was born, and I don't remember anything before that. He is a great dad, if a bit unconventional. When I was a kid, he gave me music lessons. Not lessons on playing an instrument (though he plays piano and guitar), but musical history lessons, specifically rock history. He would demonstrate how all rock and roll is based on three chords, and would go from song to song on the piano to demonstrate. I'm pretty sure this is why I love music so much, and especially music from when my dad was a teen/in his early twenties.

When my parents divorced, my little sister and I lived with him. That's pretty unusual, but in our case, it made the most sense. He was a single dad to two girls, one easy (me) and one...difficult (my sis), but we're both awesome adults, in no small part thanks to this old hippie.


That's him third from the left.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww this is wonderful! I hope you tell your dad about this post so he can see it and read it! :)