Saturday, February 12, 2011

26. A picture of something that means a lot to you


This is a photograph of my grandmother. I know I mentioned before how close we were and how having her things helps me keep her close. Of all those things, this old photo of her as a young woman means the most, maybe because I resemble her in appearance, it serves as a reminder that I strive to resemble her in other ways, from her talent and skill in the kitchen to her expert scrabble playing, from the way she gave patient but sound criticism and advice, to the way she kept her home neat and pretty, and from her soft hands when they squeezed mine in hard moments, to her strong two armed bear hugs and little kiss on the cheek.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember that picture! The first time I saw it I loved it and asked you who it was. I'm glad you have things that can keep her close to you. :)

Jessa said...

You do look like her!!! How pretty she was and you are!