Friday, February 11, 2011

25. A picture of your day


This is Portobello Ravioli with a pesto cream sauce, leftover from dinner last night at O!O, aka Tapas and 'Tinis, a local restaurant and bar I met an old dear friend at for dinner last night.

Leftover cream sauce does poorly being reheated in the microwave. It doesn't look so bad when you order it, a lovely white creamy delicious sauce on plump pasta. Now it's mostly oil and I get to be reminded of just how much fat is in there. It's still tasty though, so it passes as dinner.

I read In Watermelon Sugar today (while working!). It's a short novella and I can't really believe how many years it took to get to it. There was a free version online, and it was a small beautiful tale that I'm still not sure what I make of. I liked best that "iDeath" seemed to not be the town, but the central place they cooked, ate, walked, sat on couches near rivers, and hung paintings next to trees.

2 comments:

Sarah Eggar said...

Wish I had been meeting at O!O too!!!
That looks delicious and your company over a cocktail would be divine!

Pallid said...

Sarah my love i agree, I talked about you a lot actually because I was there - :)

I'm working on a visit soon, we can people watch in Bryant Park again (but no handsome Israelis!)...