Sunday, October 21, 2007

Poems from "back in the day"

I used to write stuff. Note I don't say that I used to "be a writer." That implies some degree of talent, which I am not so confident of. Still, I have been looking back at myself and for some reason, due to special request?, I now wish to share old, mostly crappy, work.

To Lawrence- 11/1/94

Right now, when I think of you,
I think of someone I knew
before
a long time ago.
I see you never.
We speak on occasion.
I loved you.
It's sad,what happens over time.
At least we were friends once.
That's not what I remember,
when I think of you.
I think of flowers,
carnations...for my birthday
and Christmas kisses, the only thing I miss.
I only wish
you still thought of me once
in a while.

Most of what I wrote reads like broken up paragraphs, not actual poetry. This one was about my very first boyfriend, who I had intense feelings for (as a 14 year old), and still have a fond memory of. He came back around a few months after I wrote this, proving that he did think of me still. I was a little too smart to get reattached though (after a little "reminiscing"), thankfully. I think he's married and living in Miami somewhere.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

to be a writer you only need write
who is to say that your work is any more or less relevant than that of shakespeare?

Pallid said...

Well then, I guess I am a writer.

Shakespeare is totally irrelevant now anyway, so I guess I am more so...

staticeclecticism said...

Once a writer, always a writer, I believe. You once sat down with pen in hand and committed words to paper by your own volition. It doesn't get any more writery than that!