Monday, October 21, 2013

Curry

I made this delicious Curry last night for my girlfriend, Samantha, who also read some of my blog for the first time ("how did I not know you had a blog?"). It's been a while since I posted anything, and I like to record good recipes somewhere, so why not here?

Veggie Potato Curry - I didn't have cilantro, but if I did I would have added it.

2 yellow onions (small ones)
2 sweet potatoes
3 small red potatoes
1 red bell pepper
handful of baby eggplants
1 zucchini
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
1 can coconut milk
1.5 tbsp tomato paste
1 can diced tomatoes (or fresh)
2 big tbsp curry powder
1 tsp ginger
salt and pepper
2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
juice of half a lime
light squirt of sriracha

I dice the potatoes and veggies as I go into about the same size chunks.
In a small amount of olive or peanut oil, cook the diced potatoes and sweet potatoes a few minutes.
Chop onions and add them to pan with a good amount of salt.
Chop and add eggplant.
Chop and add pepper and zucchini.
Add curry powder, ginger, pepper, tomato paste, chickpeas, coconut milk, and tomatoes. Mix well.
Let simmer for 20-25 minutes. Add sriracha and peanut butter, mix well.
Add lime (and cilantro) at the end just before serving.

We ate it stew-style in bowls, but rice or quinoa would work with it too.








No comments: