Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Dreams and Me

I had a bad dream last night that woke me up. Usually, I don't remember dreams and they rarely seem to communicate anything significant to me, but I remembered it when I woke up at 4:30 this morning briefly. I can't really recall details, but my dad was working in some sort of tall office building (not his real life job) and I was there (don't know why). Well we ended up having to hide in his office from some sort of attacker. The power was out or the lights were off and the "attacker" was still able to find us and busted through his glass window. For some reason, I think that it was night and I kept wondering why we didn't leave the building instead of hiding...

The other night, I dreamed that my sister and I were in a car with the windows up, it was raining and dark out. A young neighbor girl with long hair was outside knocking on the car window and I wondered why she was outside this late, especially in the rain.

So, from what I can tell in both of these, I seem to be feeling trapped and someone else is trying to get in...and it's always nighttime and dark... why did these two contain family members, I rarely put them in my dreams?

You'd think I've been feeling down, but I really haven't been. I'm actually on quite the upswing lately, even though the career-issue is not anywhere near solved yet. I noticed something about myself at last week's workshops I previously posted about: I prefer the one-on-one, more detail-oriented, day-to-day interactions than the "top," political, networking, "policy-making" types of work. I'm not sure how to explain it - like I'd rather be a carpenter than a general contractor...or a counselor/therapist vs. mayor of a city...deeper rather than broader. Ding ding!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't dreams endlessly fascinating? Don't you love (and I mean "looooove") dissecting them and trying to figure out what they mean?

And p.s. When are we starting out pet day care? Or our web design team? Or our_________ (you can pick the next one!)

staticeclecticism said...

I agree with Stevie!

My completely pop-psychological interpretation -

the DARKNESS - uncertainty/unknown in your life

your FAMILY - the known

the rest seems to represent your fear of/lack of interacting with that unknown

Just a thought.

Pallid said...

stevie- a teahouse/cafe and craft-doers paradise

Static- you're too good

Anonymous said...

i am finally checking out your blog, um, online journal, after you sent me the link forever ago! i agree with static about the dreams...looking at your family and the darkness as things of which you are aware and that which you are unaware of might be equally fitting. i've been having creepy dreams lately but they have involved snakes and tigers and naked people (not all together).

Pallid said...

K- :) It means a lot to me that you're reading it now!

Your dreams always sound much more interesting than mine...

Anonymous said...

Dang, I think static should add 'dream interpretation' to the list of career opportunities.

I had a dream where I was looking at Christmas trees in New England and they were so funny looking - yellowed tips, and not good for holding ornaments. I compared them to the trees I knew from Florida that came from North Carolina, and was sorely disappointed in the selection up here.

My interpretation? I need to move to North Carolina and start a tree farm.

No?

That's not what it means?

Ok, maybe I need to DATE someone from North Carolina.

What's that you say? I'm missing home and Christmas will be much more satisfying once I move down there?

Ah, yes.

;-)

Hooray for the job clarity!

Pallid said...

Thank you, Trina! I think your interpretations skills are excellent as well.